For Members PHANZA provides:
- representation of the interests of professional historians
- a regular newsletter
- professional development through seminars and publications
- advice on employment opportunities
- advice on contract employment and payment
- a link with other professional historians and associations throughout New Zealand and Australasia
- social activities advice in contractual dispute
For those commissioning research, PHANZA provides:
- access to trained and experienced historians
- advice on all aspects of commissioned histories (including contracts, project management, copyright, publication and rates of payment)
- advice on the employment of historians
- guidelines for appropriate professional standards
- advice in contractual disputes
Annual membership fees are $50 waged and $25 unwaged.
Membership shall be open to those with a research-based honours degree in history (or a related discipline) from a recognised tertiary institution; or to those who have relevant research or publication experience (see the PHANZA Constitution).
To apply, please fill in the electronic form below, and hit submit. Alternatively, you can print off this form and post it to PHANZA, PO Box 1904, Thorndon, Wellington
Applications will be considered at the next PHANZA Committee meeting (these occur on the second Tuesday of the month from February to November). We will be in touch shortly afterwards.